CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

COUNTDOWN TO RELEASE

Class Discussion Topics for this week:

“Open minds are always the most tolerant and the most violent.”


“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”

“Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”


I’ve finally signed the final roster here in my class, so I guess it’s official that my teacher will submit my paperwork today. What a relief! I feel like it’s merely just a countdown now to the time when I’ll get out of here.

As I write to you now, I am in the last week of school.  It is a full week, but it is a mere formality. Overall, the class has been a very positive experience and definitely helped to pass the time quickly. That being said, it feels great to know that the last step prior to just ‘waiting’, is now over. Last week began my release process, so it’s just a countdown from here on out. I have heard conflicting stories on my projected release date. Back in September, the parole board informed me that I would be released sometime during the month of January. However, as you know, the Christmas holidays interfered with my class time. I started the class 10 days earlier than expected (Sept. 20, as opposed to October 1), but I’m not sure if that will offset the holidays or not. I telling myself that I’m going home before the end of January, but that’s not much more than my usual wishful thinking. I don’t think it will be any later than February 11th though. We’ll all know soon. Anyway you look at it, I’m down to under a month. Fan…tastic!

This was a good year for college football.  I'm thinking the Aggies should be strong next season, so I guess I’ll start to look forward to September 2011.

Can someone please look up and report back to me what laws dictate concerning American felons entering Canada to visit and/ or reside?


The weather here has been very cold over the last several days. Lows have been near 17 degrees. I think it’s supposed to begin warming up later today and get into the mid 60’s by the end of the weekend. I’ve still been able to get outside to exercise, but not for the duration I’d like. I’m hoping to change up my workout schedule starting tomorrow and hit it hard for my remaining time.


I find myself very excited about my release, but I’m trying to be patient and not get too antsy, because the next week or two could end up really dragging for me. Thanks again to everyone for continuing to follow along with me and read the blog. Can't believe it's been over a year! Can you believe it?

1 comment:

  1. So great to hear the news that your time is only days!
    As for travel to Canada, what I found is that the key is being able to obtain a passport. However I think the crimes committed are a different category than yours such as drug trafficking.
    Canada will not admit someone who has been involved in organized crime.

    Hope that sheds some light on the subject for ya.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete