CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WILL I MAKE IT HOME IN TIME TO SEE THE SUPERBOWL?

(Editor's Note - This blog entry sounds as if it was written prior to the last one....I'm not sure if the mail got held up or what....but if it seems confusing, that is the reason.)

Today's Discussion Topics “History teaches us there is no substitute for the family, if we are to have a society”, “Things that matter the most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least,” “Your child’s self esteem is in your hands," “The home is the nursery school of violence, not the streets. Disagreeing or fighting is not abuse. You can be angry with one another without being abusive.”

Well, we’re back in escuela today. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing has been thrown askew, and that I’m still on track to be submitted at the end of this week.  I’m not sure exactly what’s on tap for this week back in the dorm. I know there are bowl games every day except for Wednesday.

My teacher here in class just came around the classroom and let a several guys know that she’d be submitting us at the end of the week. She confirmed to me that I would be getting submitted. Needless to say, it was very comforting to receive that news. I’m sure it will be even better once that actually has been done.

We’re watching a film in class today called “Bad Dads” and it is narrated by George Foreman. For some reason, I find that to be hilarious.

Funny thing. I found out yesterday that the riot that we had here in the newspaperr. Sweet! I’m famous now. The riot went down on the night of December 17th so check the online versions of the newspapers on the 18th and 19th to read all about it if you are interested.

I understand that Clay has already left a response on the blog site. Glad to have you Clay, but get off the silly computer and start playing our game. The stakes are high and you’re going to need all the head start you can get!

I’ve been sleeping a little more comfortably each night. I’ve perfected my pillow with some creative textiling to the point where it’s pretty much a regular pillow. This is a far cry from the ‘hard as a rock’ standard issue thing that is passed out! I’ve also managed to make my bed a lot more cushiony. It’s not a Tempur-Pedic, but we’re heading that direction. I’ve started having weird dreams. My dreams in the real world are generally random, so I guess crazy dreams in here are hitting spot on. I think I’ll record the subject of each dream in the little daily journal I keep. Wait. Don’t know, maybe not ….it’s a little creepy.

It’s getting late again, so before I say good night, here’s to…. good dreams for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Well Andy, your days are numbered my friend. I just looked at the TDC Web page and your release date is set for 2-23. That's only 9 more days!!!! Can't wait to see ya walk free my friend.

    As for the contest. I'm pretty close to marking one off the list. LOL!!!!

    See ya in a couple of weeks!!

    Clay

    ReplyDelete