CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?

Today's class topic: “There are two kinds of discontent in the world: the discontent that works and the discontent that wrings its hand. The first gets what it wants, and the second loses what it has.”

I spent some time yesterday doing some organizing and planning for the next couple of months.  I haven’t written down all my plans, but I did get a lot of bullet points down on my calendar.  Hopefully, this will steer me to the right spots from now until the time I go home.  

So, some of the goals, dates and deadlines I have for myself:
1) exercise and running goals  
2) dates that I’m expecting visits   
3) a few different dates for varying business planning time stamps  
4) the date that I need to have all of my customized text messages thought up.  I plan on sending individualized texts to most of you just as soon as I get my hands on my cell phone.  Humor will be my intention.

How interested was everyone in the World Series?  It was a pretty big deal around here.  I was hoping the series would go a full 7 games simply so there will be more entertainment for me in here.  Wouldn’t that be a great story if the Rangers were able to win after just being purchased by Nolan Ryan and his group of investors?  You couldn’t write a much better script. But oh well.

We just had a break for lunch and now we are back in class.  My clothes are a mess.  You’d think I was raised in a barn with the amount of food I accidentally spilled on myself.  Don’t know if I ever mentioned it, but there are no napkins here ever unless we sneak a bit of paper towel into the dining hall.  The single utensil we have to eat with is a disposable spork.  That’s one of those spoon things with the 3 fork barbs included.  The size and construction are like the cheap white plastic utensils we have all seen.  What a bummer!  That’s the only thing I’ve used to aid in eating for the last year.  When I finally get my hands on a steak knife, I may faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment