CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WHAT ANIMAL WOULD YOU COME BACK AS IN YOUR NEXT LIFE IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE?

Today's class discussion topics:
A) “He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot reason is a fool; and he who does not think is a slave”.  
B) “Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment and learn again to exercise his will.”

Good morning to everyone.  My weekend is approaching and I am looking forward to it.  I’m pretty excited about watching some football. There are several good games tomorrow.  My dad is coming for a visit early tomorrow morning rather than next weekend.  It will definitely be nice to see him.  He’s planning on visiting with me and then driving on out further West to attend a high school reunion type of thing.  I think his class and maybe the classes around his all get together once a year.  I don’t think there is anything particularly special about this gathering.  It’s just an annual event now.  I also got some more pictures in the mail yesterday from my dad.  Most of them are of my dogs, so I was really happy to see them.  They’ll get added to my photo album later this evening.  Don’t forget.  Send me pictures if you can.  Anything you have will be appreciated.

I talked to my dad last night during our weekly conversation.  He told me that my “parole officer to be” had stopped by his place to verify the address and was approving my “parole plan”.  This is just a formality, but I didn’t think it would take place until a time closer to my release.  In any case, it was comforting to know that this step of the process is now complete.  FYI – the “parole plan” is nothing more than a place to parole to and the person(s) who reside there.  Parolees that do not have anyone to go live with must parole to a half-way house.

I was reading in yesterday’s newspaper about the new movie “Secretariat”.  I really want to see it.  I guess I’ll have to watch it on DVD when I’m out.  I loved the movie “Sea Biscuit”.  If I had to come back to earth as an animal, it would be Sea Biscuit.  What would you come back as?  If A.S. is reading this, I bet you are laughing aloud right now. (I am.)

I’ll be mailing off this blog entry on Monday morning.  I mail the blog postings to my mom along with the usual couple of personal letters to friends.  My mom then forwards the blog info and personal letters to the appropriate people.  (Thanks, Mom.)  I do this in order to conserve my envelopes.  Stamped envelopes here cost 48ȼ on commissary.  I can’t receive envelopes or stamps from the outside.  I try to conserve envelopes so that I can use my weekly commissary allotment to buy food and necessities.  We are limited to spending only $50.00 per week and, believe it or not, it is easy to go through that amount every seven days.  The $3 - $4 I save each week by consolidating letters to my mom is a significant amount that I use for the other stuff.  Trust me, when I say that $4 goes a great deal farther in here than it does in the real world.

Who all has been to a tailgate for at least one game this season?  Who all has plans to go soon?

The film we are watching in class today is a taping of one of Oprah’s “abuse” broadcasts.  It’s actually pretty interesting, so I think I’ll stop writing for now and pay attention to Oprah.  I’ll talk to you again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting to read your blog, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I am sending the part about intake to my son, as he is in county waiting for transfer. Your post makes it seem less scary to me. I hope he will find it reassuring as well. Just knowing what to expect helps and you are very detailed. My son is also doing a blog on his experience, in the hopes of helping himself to get through it and also who knows, maybe help someone else along the way. His blog is at http://www.intexasprison.com if your person who posts for you wants they can send you some of his posts too. Well I hope your time is up soon, and that you continue to do well and make the best of it. You seem to have a great and friendly personality which I am sure is helping you get along while there. Best wishes to you ~ Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom of Texas Magnum...I will definitely send some of his posts to Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur, I am reading both blogs and its great to hear encouraging words from the inside. I loved Sea Biscuit and am also wanting to see Secretariat. We are big horse fans and both of my daughters have had them since they were small. We spent countless late nights at rodeos watching them participate when they were younger. My daughter is a beginning photographer and in fact is taking a special class today. She takes a lot of nature type photos and sends them to my son who shares them with his cellies. Ill forward some to the email and have them sent to you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same
    comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that
    service? Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my web page ... Openbox S11 Hd Manual

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers however this paragraph is really a good paragraph, keep it up.


    My website cccam download

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now it sounds like BlogEngine is the top blogging platform out there right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Review my website - manual install cccam dm500

    ReplyDelete
  7. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different website and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.

    Take a look at my web site: server for cardsharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog here! Also your site quite a bit up fast!
    What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate link to
    your host? I desire my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    Look at my page ... Card Share

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Thank you for providing this info.

    my web-site: cccam Server

    ReplyDelete