CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

THE NEW SCHEDULE

In the classroom the windows actually have glass in them.  If you’ll recall, the windows in the other buildings have been covered with white painted steel plates.  From my seat I have a view of the area to the south of the unit.  It’s refreshing to see something a little different.  It sort of looks like an area where you might see a deer step out from behind a tree.  Maybe I’ll see one someday.

The seats in the classroom aren’t too bad.  I guess they are pretty much just like the normal individual desks that you would find in a high school classroom.  I guess it’s going to take a few days to adjust to my new schedule.  I’m pretty much starving right now.  It’s about 12:45 pm, but I have grown accustomed to eating lunch between 11:00 and 11:30 am.  However, this new schedule should be best in the long run.

I got a really lousy night of sleep last night.  The bed that I sleep on is just so incredibly hard that it is impossible to lie in the same position for over a couple of hours, so I wake up a few times each and every night to reposition myself.  What I wouldn’t do for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
I’ve got to find some sort of way to get more padding on my bed.  That’s my goal for this week. Not sure how it’s gonna happen, but where there is a will, there is a way.  

I had a very good workout earlier this morning, and I will be able to exercise during the rec session later this evening.  I was becoming burned out on the 3-a-day workouts, but I didn’t want to feel lazy by giving up any of my exercising.  I’m relieved that this mandated course came along to stave off some of my ill-conceived thoughts and provide me with a physical break.  I was able to make this morning’s session pretty intense.  If I can maintain a fairly high level of intensity it should be a level of exercise and activity that is more realistic to what I’ll have time for during the course of a normal day once I get out of here.  At some point this week, or possibly this coming weekend, I’m going to set some actual fitness goals that I’d like to attain by the time I get out.  As in the past, I’ll try to devise a program that is apt to help me reach the goals.  Once it starts to get cold outside, I’ll probably have to change some stuff up a little. That will be a quality problem to address at the appropriate time.  Once it gets cold, that will only mean it’s closer to the time I’ll go home.  Enough talk about home stuff.  I hope I can get most of those thoughts out of my head for a couple of months.


1 comment:

  1. Change is good when the norm is so boring. The class will do you wonders and make the time go by quicker. As for the bed, Im not sure if you have any towels or clothing, but I would sure put them under the "mattress" if you did when its lights out, or maybe under the sheet. With the windows not tinted, is it hard to focus on whats going on in the classroom? It would be for me. Im easily distr...squirrel!!...sorry. couldnt help myself. Its 9:30am here and Im running on a pot of coffee and some cool wind, so Im hoping I can get a little housework done today and put this ever so elusive energy to good use. Just act like a Timex and keep on tickin!

    ReplyDelete