CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Monday, October 25, 2010

NEED SOME GOALS AND PLANS FOR REMAINDER OF MY TIME

Journal memo #28 – “The ability to accept responsibility is the measure of a man.”

My class instructor told us today that there were child/sex abuse criminals, as well as murderers, at this unit.  I was not previously aware of this fact.

I played flag football here on Monday afternoon.  It was pretty much a tackle game with flags on our side, and was a chaotic, aggressive encounter.  It was definitely not a remake of  “The Longest Yard”.  I was one of two caucasians on the field.  I can now cross “Prison Football Game” off my bucket list.  Bet you’re jealous, huh?

While I was out running this morning (6 ½ miles) I was thinking to myself about the remainder of my time here.  I have been a little disappointed with myself because I haven’t been able to yet adopt the mindset that I should feel “at home” here for the next 3 ½  months to seemingly speed things up.  I think I need some new short term goals or maybe, specifically, some projects that will take about 3 ½ months to complete.  

I have only 2 ideas as far as projects go. One is updating and revising my business plans (1-2 weeks) to accurately reflect the specific time when I’ll be released and be able to get started.  Also, like I have mentioned, I need to initiate some legal actions (3days).  That leaves a lot of extra time before 3 ½ months is up.  Please give me any ideas you have.  Is it possible to learn Spanish from a book?  I am being serious here.   For the record, any idea involved with a smuggling operation or digging a long underground tunnel is probably not very sound at this point.

I’m still waiting to finish my first crossword puzzle accurately.   I missed a handful of letters from Monday’s puzzle, but just about all the errors were the fault of 2 words.  I thought a COHO salmon was a SOHO salmon, and I thought a crumb of food was called and ERT.  It is actually called an ORT.  My bad.
 
My next entry will be a health question for you all, so please give me your responses.

2 comments:

  1. I was able to get my ex back after I followed the instructions at www.saveabreakup.com I totally recommend this site, saveabreakup.com helped me a lot, all I can say is big THANKS!!! I'm so happy now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous" appears to be spamming!

    ReplyDelete