CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MILDRED'S ATTACK

It’s Thursday morning at about 11:45 in class.  Class got started about an hour late today and a substitute teacher is leading us. Our regular instructor is out for the weekend attending her 40 year high school reunion.

I’ll be putting this blog entry onto tomorrow’s outgoing mail.  I guess I should try to make that somewhat of a habit in order to let you all have some regular reading.

It appears in this class that we’ll spend time at the beginning of each class openly discussing some type of case study.  Today’s study concerns Mildred. She is a 65 year old lady that was attacked and broke her hip.  We are talking about how this will impact her emotionally, financially, and physically.  These discussions are fairly light hearted, but interesting.

Kind of peculiar…I can already tell that out of all the people in this class, I seem to view all of the case situations we’ve had thus far, not nearly as harshly as everyone else.  The other day we talked about burglaries and auto thefts.  The other guys in here thought that having a vehicle stolen was the end of the world.  My view was to call the insurance company and then carry on with my normal activities.

My stance today on Mildred’s situation is not nearly as dire as most of the guys presumed.  I’m not sure where my over callousness comes from, but it is definitely present.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’ll tell you that my indifference is not due to ignorance.  I can’t count the dollars I’ve had stolen from me in the course of business.  I’ve had a car stolen from me and, like I mentioned before in the blog, I had a trailer stolen last summer.  It would take 3 pages to list the small crimes against me, so I’ll spare you the details.

Today’s blog posting unfortunately, must have a rather sudden end in order for me to get it into the mail on time.  As I adjust to my new schedule next week, I hope to make this more interesting for everyone.

Thanks for all of your wonderful support and I’ll talk to you very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well ding dang, Andy! I wanted to know more about Mildred!

    ReplyDelete