CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

COMMENT RESPONSES TO SK, JILL, SHANE & MAMA B

Mama B – I think the woodpeckers not only filled your tree, but I think they probably did it on purpose and yelled ”tim...ber!” as it went down. Yes, those damned ungrateful birds!  Have you told them lately how much you care?
Banana pudding is on Tank’s top 5 list.  Most cobblers also rank pretty high.  I am currently on an anti ‘prison tattoo’ wave.  When I didn’t get my FI-1, I sort of lost interest.

If I were a contestant in any Man v. Food type of contest, I would prevail in all of them by a wide margin.  I could eat absolutely anything.  Clay and I were just recently discussing rib eye steaks, fried fish, blackened redfish, French fries, and oysters with extra horse radish!  OMG…you have no idea how delicious all of that sounds.

I’ll answer the question you asked, “Do you think after this experience that you will need time when you get home to readjust or ‘detox’ you brain to the outside world?”  My heart wants me to remain resilient and say that I’ll be able to hit the ground running the second I’m out of here, but my brain says that there will be an acclimation period.  I’m going with my brain on this one.  I don’t think it will take long to adjust, as I have been very able to totally uproot everything several times during my transfers over the last year.  It feels like the ‘adjust time’ here in the prison is only 3 or 4 days.  I don’t think that returning home will be too different.  I’m giving myself a week of nothingness if I need it, but I don’t suspect that I will.  I’ll give myself a second week to sort of blend back in if I need that.  After two weeks, I can’t imagine not being back up to speed. Really, I think it will be even quicker than that.

MamaB - Thanks for the correction of my ‘kid sizing’ skills.  If I have lost a fifth grader, that kind of freaks me out.  A fifth grader is darn big.  I cannot recommend the same course of actions I have taken to achieve my results.  The end doesn’t justify the means in this case, and there are surely many other easier ways to skin this cat!  I appreciate your reassurance.

MamaB – When do you expect to learn of a parole answer for your son?  Certainly he’ll be approved at his second parole opportunity.  There is a guy in here who is leaving tomorrow on an FI-1.  This is his fifth time in TDCJ, and he is leaving after 22 months on a 5 year sentence.  He was set off at his first parole vote and approved at his second.  His charges were drug related.  Let us know the good news when you get it, and I, too, am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jill (hopelessly hopeful) –  Easy on the name calling here.  Remember, I’m friends with both of you.  I did get your letter a few weeks back, and I do appreciate you sending it.  You have probably already received my reply in the regular mail.  If nothing else, it was indeed entertaining.  Believe it or not, there is very little drama in here.  At least, there isn’t any type of the drama that most people would consider normal.  I guess the equivalent of drama in here would be daily bickering.  Give up on trying to set up J.W. and your friend.  It’s been too long, and, at this point, any actual date would be anti climatic.  Move on!  My mom also told me that you emailed her to check on me, which I appreciate.  I’ll talk to you soon.

Shane – What’s going on, man?  I’ve been in here too damned long!  It’s time to be home.  I’m looking forward to seeing you soon.  Gig’em UCLA!

Anonymous (SK) - Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts!  As you’ve probably already read, it worked!  You have become an endeared blog reader, and I believe all my close friends need to take special notice of the fact that you pinned my age at around 28.  (Can I please send you a Christmas card?)  Yes, I have definitely done some partying over the years.   And yes, things will change a great deal once I’m out of here.

I’m sorry about your son and his situation. When I was in Beaumont, there was a guy in my tank from Florida.  He had received a 10 year sentence for transporting 81 lbs. of marijuana.  He was very thankful he was sentenced in Texas and not in Florida.  His wife actually moved from Florida to Texas to be closer to him.  How far are you along with the 3 year sentence?  When will you know about the work release program?  When do you expect for your son to be home? One thing that I can tell you about him having to serve most of his sentence is that his mind will adjust and condition itself to serve 85% of his 3 years.  Obviously, all of us who are locked up want out as quickly as possible, but we all have the ability to do however much time is necessary.  That probably doesn’t help you much, but at least you can all make plans and prepare accordingly.  Most of my friends in here and I agree that our sentences are probably actually harder on our families than the sentence is on us.  I didn’t want my mom to come visit until just a couple of weeks ago, after I received my parole decision. I was worried that we might both be scarred by a bad visual recollection of our visit.  I am now looking forward to her visiting.  I recently have been thinking that, in the future we can, hopefully, look back on it in a comical light, and, for now, it might help us both get through the balance of my time.  Please keep us up to date on your son and I wish you the very best of good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment