CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE DISCONTINUED STORY, MY RADIO, AND AN INVITATION TO RAY

Good afternoon.  It’s been a few days since I’ve written. I talked to my dad today to get my weekly update on the parole hearing, but nothing has been scheduled.

That story that I had told you about that was unfolding in here... about the prisoner who wants to marry the pen-pal, is now on hold.  I really thought it was going to prove to be interesting, or perhaps, even ridiculous.  I even came up with a character list. So I’ll share that with you as a ‘sneak preview’ for the future story….

Pin- You already know him  - age 42
Mike – The inmate in the relationship with Shelly - age 43
Shelly – The outsider pen-pal that is in the relationship with Mike – age 42
Francis –Kyle’s mother; friend of Shelly from church- age 50’s
Andy – I’m the story teller

Even though that story isn’t developing, at the present, I did get to to speak with Mike from the character list.  He is the one who told me that things are on hold.  However, when I was talking with him about all of this, I was reminded about what a small world it seems to be sometimes. Even in here!  There is a guy in here that I’ve met named Lee.  Lee’s brother has been locked up off and on in prisons for 15 years or so.  Mike was locked up with Lee’s brother for 4 or 5 years at some other unit.  How those two ultimately figured that out, I am unsure.  I don’t know Lee’s last name, but maybe it is peculiar and it stood out when Mike heard it again.  To me, it’s kind of creepy how many guys in here know one another, are related, or have mutual friends from the real world.

I gave the URL for this site to my friend, Ray, who was granted parole and is leaving this place tomorrow to head back home.  I certainly wish him the best of luck and hope that he reads this post and takes the opportunity to leave any type of comments he feels appropriate. Ray…I’m sure all the readers here would enjoy reading your thoughts as they mend and melt their way back to what we all perceive as “normal”.  Again, I invite you to leave your comments.  Are you wondering if Kevin (Pin) is in a state of despair and missing you right now?  I’d let you know exactly what he’s doing if I could, but it seems that at the moment he’s wandered over to the parole office to bug them just a little more.

I was fortunate to able to acquire a radio a couple of days ago.  Luckily, I got it just in time for football season.  I don’t know how the reception will be for other games, but I hope it’s at least decent.  I get ESPN Radio, a good talk radio station, a couple of country stations, and, for some reason, about 4 Spanish stations.  There is no decent rock station, which is unfortunate, but I understand that there is a rock station (92.9) that ups it’s signal and comes in clearly on the weekends.

It’s nearing the end of the evening, and I’m about to be off to bed.  Maybe next Thursday will bear better fortune about my parole hearing.  That will make just over 20 weeks I’ve been waiting.  Hopefully, it won’t be too much longer.

Thanks for everyone’s support, interest, and comments.  I’ll be in touch again soon.


1 comment:

  1. Well I am anxious to hear this future story. I guess somehow I missed the lead in, so have Mike and Shelly ever met? How does Francis fit in and who is Kyle? Guess I gotta play catch up.
    Ok, seriously I have had just about enough rain for awhile. I dont know about there, but I have tree frogs sneaking in my house to get away from it. Good thing I dont mind frogs. I have a friend, however, who would seriously have a heart attack if she found one. She wont walk down a sidewalk if theres one there. One of us is wierd, we just arent sure which one, yet. Time is moving on, Buddy. You are gonna be outta there and home before you know it. Just keep hanging on. A radio, huh? Do most of your "roommates" have them? I just wonder if theres a crowd around your bunk when a game comes on. I know what you mean about the spanish stations. Seems like all I can find anymore. My toddler grandson likes music and likes me to change the stations for him and he picks what we listen to in the car. He likes something with a beat. If I push a button and its spanish, he gets this funny look on his face and says "what he say?" Sorry, I have noo idea.
    Take care and hang in there, Your times a comin!

    ReplyDelete