CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Friday, September 24, 2010

ATTORNEY MEETS WITH PAROLE BOARD

3...2...1… The cameras are rolling.  The day is finally here.  I found out during my routine Thursday evening call to my dad last night that my attorney would be meeting with the parole board this afternoon.  That means the vote is today.  By the time you read this, I’ll have an answer and know whether I’ll be coming home next month or if I’ll be here through the spring.  Pretty cool, huh?

I think I should be able to learn what the decision is early next week, however, I’m not certain about that.  At least I have the comfort of knowing that I’ll have an answer sometime next week.   That’s a great feeling.  Surprisingly, I’m not feeling too anxious right now.  I guess that’s just a prime example of how much prison dulls one’s senses and acclimates one’s mind to reacting at a snail’s pace.  It’s a little scary to know this about myself, although I believe some of my energy has dissipated into these darn crossword puzzles from the “USA Today”.  They are now an addiction, I’m afraid.  I still haven’t aced one yet.  I was 4 letters away at the beginning of the week and only missed 2 letters last night. What’s the definition of ALATE?
I don’t have much time to write now, but I do plan on filling you in on lots more throughout the weekend.  I was excited about the parole vote and wanted to let you know ASAP.

Saturday
I hope your weekend has started well.  It’s coastally humid here today and that made my running this morning seem rough.  I’ve changed my routine up just a little to try and incorporate a tad more cardio.  I can already tell that it is working.  I’ve already finished the crossword that was new to yesterday’s paper.  I’m sure it’s 100% correct.  There is only one letter I’m uncertain of.  Not sure if it’s and “a” or an “e”.

Today’s post may be random and sporadic so please forgive the absent minded allusion.  A want to write a lot and let you know about my day, however, I’d also like to watch plenty of football.  Pin is absolutely annoying.  He has the personality and social skills of tropical reef fish and is just a complete bug.  In all likelihood, he’ll be out of here on Oct. 16th.  I think and hope I’ll be out of here before him, but in any case, I’m ready to be done with him.

I’m watching football right now and I’m going to spend the midday rec. period inside and continue to watch football.  I’ll make sure to get in an extra good session of exercise this evening to make up for the absence this afternoon.
Good night.  I’ll write tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Parole Board!

    -Jeff B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if its routine for them to meet on Fridays? I ask this because that seems to be the day yours will be meeting and Ive heard someone mention waiting til Friday to call...just wondering out loud. If thats the case, then I suppose I will try to put it out of my mind until Fridays. I noticed the days are getting shorter and this afternoon there was a cool breeze coming from the North. Looks like fall really is upon us. Fall is one of my favorite times of year. In fact I think I have declared it my favorite season. I mean, come one, fall fishing is the best. Just enough cool temps to be comfortable and not burn your back legs on the boat seat or lawn chair. Stay out all day without burning or dehydrating. The fish enjoy the fall "run"...ok, maybe its me that enjoys it....no matter...not as many mosquitos to drive you nuts....fresh air after a hot summer..a good reason to wear a larger shirt to cover the weight that I didnt lose this summer..(again)....a feeling of peacefullness even through the trying times..time to renew the spirit...yeah, I like fall.

    ReplyDelete