CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

THE STOLEN TRAILER

It's just after 6am and I'm waiting in line at the medical department AGAIN. Over the last month I have spent more time seeing doctors than I have in my entire cumulative lifetime before I got here. If they wanted to make prison life REALLY harsh they should just build one with an eternal waiting line that never stops wrapping around the building.

I heard some really ironic news last night when I called my Mom. Apparently the police department was trying to locate me to inform me that they had recovered a trailer that was stolen from my business last Summer. It was a small enclosed trailer worth about $2,500. The police wanted to know if I wanted to press chargers or not and they also wanted me to identify the trailer. As I talked to my Mom I let her know how to identify the trailer and also let her know where the title to it was located. Unfortunately, the title is in a filing cabinet that was one of the first items I put into storage. Hopefully it won't be necessary to have the title to take possession of the trailer, but if it is, then I suppose my Dad will have to dig it out of storage. So, I have a question for my readers. Should I press charges against the person who stole the trailer?

The details as I know them are (JP-feel free to add in the comments section if you know more than what I say).  I do not know who took the trailer.  Back last Summer JP and I had our suspicions that it was a certain worker, but we were unsure.  The trailer had about $750 worth of work related materials in it when it was taken.  I have no idea what would be in it now.  The trailer was stolen from where it was always parked overnight.  It was behind the warehous at my office along with several other trucks, trailers and storage units.  There was no insurance coverage on the trailer.  I did not receive any type of compensation for its loss.  I have no idea how the trailer was recovered, nor do I know what the cost will be to pick it up and move it to storage along with my other stuff.

So there you have it.  That's all I know.  Should I press charges or not?  I have already made up my mind what I'll do, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.  I think there are quite a few interesting perspectives on the topic.  Also, JP, do you know who took it or how they were caught?  I'm dying to find out.

12 comments:

  1. Anybody for a game of checkers while we wait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say contact the dude with the trailer and say for $5,000 you'll sell it to him and won't press charges. Be a capitalist make some money of it.

    Cheers,

    Wamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah man. You gotta press charges. The person broke the law. The only time you should get a free pass for breaking the law is when you form tackle a moped from across the parking lot and break it all because your friend dared you to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm,,well,,Im trying to be logical about it. OK, here's my thoughts,,it depends on who took it and what kind of shape its in now. Was this a kid doing something stupid? I'd hate to see a kid have a huge charge like that on their record for doing something dumb, unless they have already started on a life of crime, besides this. Thats the only way I would not press charges, but maybe would let this person or persons sweat it out and think about the circumstances they can find themselves in. Otherwise, if its an adult, especially an adult with priors, then yes, by all means, I would.
    BTW, whats going on with you and seeing medical so much? Is something wrong? Blood pressure again? Or is there a cute little nurse in medical? hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depends on circumstances. You of all people know that people can make silly mistakes and some should be forgiven. Was it an employee you didn't pay or something? Was it a friend of your wife who wasn't happy you were hiding money from her? These types of details matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would def press charges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I can tell you that when I talked to the police officer I was able to get some answers because I filed the report. The person who had the trailer was a hispanic male, who's name I cant remember, that bought the trailor from a young guy several months ago and had no idea it was stolen. He didnt know that you had to have a title to a trailor because he is not familiar with the laws in America... So there you have it. I think we were correct in our first suspisions as to who took the trailor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and one more thing... I am going to get this packet in the mail again... it came back to me again!!! I am going to try this one more time...UGGGHHH... it is getting very large!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cobert I figured I'd torture you a little bit. I ran into HOT Lacey at Front Porch the other day. Food for thought.


    Wamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure, MamaB, I'm up for a game of checkers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL@AngelFire
    Ok, since more information has come to light and its someone you suspected all along, and then he sold the trailer...Yes, press charges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "But he has since resumed his writing so there will be almost daily blog posts starting today (May 1st)."

    Thanks for your time and all you have done, but just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete