CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

COMMISSARY, H1N1 SHOTS AND FINALLY, THE PHONES!

3/21/10
Sunday - noon. Dang…it got cold! I actually woke up to have the 3:30 am breakfast this morning, and it was cold, windy, and rainy. Absolutely a miserable combination, considering I have no jacket. The rain has left, but it’s still cold and windy. I’m not sure what the forecast looks like for the next few days, but it‘s gotta be better than this. I worked all yesterday on a letter to the parole board, and I revised and completed it this morning. I think that it turned out well and will effectively relay my thoughts to the board. I have completed my commissary list in anticipation of being able to go tomorrow. It will be such a welcomed relief. It has been almost 5 weeks to the day since I’ve been able to preplan and purchase everything I needed. I’m down to one envelope and one working pen. I have started to feel more cut off from the outside, since I haven’t been able to mail letters at will. By tomorrow afternoon I should be re-stocked on supplies and be completing the final process for telephone registration. I’m not sure if I will actually be able to make phone calls tomorrow, but if not, it shouldn’t be too much longer. I’m definitely looking forward to making a few calls. The delay has been well over a week from the time I mail a letter home until I get a response. Since leaving county, I feel like I haven’t been on the same page as everyone on the outside. It will be nice to communicate by phone to determine what letters have or haven’t been received and where certain books have been lost along the tangled mail route. I didn’t receive any blog comments this past Friday, so I wasn’t able to respond back to any of those over the weekend. (editor’s note – he really didn’t get any that week.) I’m hoping that I’ll get some tomorrow (he got them Friday the 26th).


3/22/10
11:00 am Monday. I am waiting in line right now to register to use the phone system. Thank goodness for a little fortune this morning! At 6:00 am this morning they decided to lock my form down to administer H1N1 shots to everyone. They weren’t letting anyone leave the dorm for any reason. As I understand it, this telephone registration only happens once every month or two, so I was very worried that I wasn’t going to be able to meet my 10:30 am appointment to get registered. I know that there is at least one of my friends who is stuck back at the dorm right now who also needs to register. I don’t know if he’ll be able to register today or not. I hope he makes it, because he really needs to call his wife. Anyway, luckily for me, I somewhat knew one of the guards that was working our dorm this morning, and I was able to get her to move me to the front of the shot line and then, miraculously, she even let me leave the dorm to come to register! I checked in quickly at my job and then came to register. I ended up only being about 15 minutes late, but they still allowed me in. So, at this moment, I am awaiting my turn while sitting on a hard metal bench. FYI, I carry a pen and a couple of sheets of paper around with me most everywhere. Our shirts that we wear here have nice big front pockets so it’s no big deal to carry the paper and pen around.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be a-feared of the "SWINE". Eddie C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to make your calls soon. Theres nothing like actually hearing a voice to make you feel better. Just like a good shot in the arm. Good to get a post, I was beginning to get a little concerned. I bet you get a few odd looks walking around with that pen and paper and jotting stuff down.

    ReplyDelete