CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

FIRST DAY OFF FROM WORK AT NEW UNIT

3/14
It's 2:30 pm on Sunday.  The weather is absolutely gorgeous here today.  Today is definitely not a good day to be confined indoors.  I wish I was outside doing something fun with my dogs.  Today was the first day here that I did not have to go to work, which was very welcomed. 

I still haven’t totally caught up on my sleep yet.  I’m not sure what time it was when I woke up this morning, but it was probably around 10:00 am or so.  I think I went to bed around 11:00 pm last night, so I at least, finally got a long night’s sleep.  I’m hoping that by the end of the week I will have my sleep schedule adjusted to the early 4:30 am breakfast.  Breakfast is the best meal of the day, so I’m going to attempt to adjust to it.  I guess if I go to bed by 8:30-9:00 pm each night, I should be able to do it.  

I exercised yesterday and today, but not for as long as I needed to.  Within the next few days, I will be back to a normal exercise routine.  I have not had any outside recreation since before I was transferred to the intake unit on Feb. 22.  We are supposed to get 8-10 hours of it a week here, so I’m not sure what the deal is.  I’ll find out next week, and I’ll let you know.  

Also, I happened to remember last night, that the police department back in the original county where I was arrested has never returned the property that they confiscated when they raided my office.  I can’t remember exactly what they took, but I remember it being $1012 out of my wallet, a cell phone, and some other items.  They might have even taken a computer, but I don’t recall for sure.  Anyway, next week I will go to the law library here and figure out what I need to do to get it back.  I’m assuming the county will deny my request that they pay interest on the $1012 back dating to May 29, 2005!  Do you think they will comp me for an upgrade on my cell phone?  

I watched the Kentucky vs. Mississippi State basketball game this afternoon and now I need to write a few personal letters, but a little later this evening  I am going to take a couple of hours to respond to all of your new comments. (FYI-- just so you’ll be privy to some prison talk..... I’m writing at a table right now while 3 other guys are sitting here with me.  They are discussing the infinite ways to “cook dope.”  Two guys are asking questions and one guy genuinely knows what he is talking about.  He is using all types of chemical terms that I learned about in Organic Chemistry lab.  Who would have guessed?)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, pleased to hear your finally sleeping better. How's the blood pressure? hope it sorted it's self out and is back to normal. Hope to hear from you soon Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious. When you say you are supposed to get outdoor recreation, what does that consist of? Are there guys huddling around in little groups, and are you within a fence like we see on TV?

    ReplyDelete