CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'M THINKING BREAKFAST AT 3AM IS WORTH SLEEPING THROUGH

2/10

Hey everyone!  I was very excited to receive a big envelope in today's mail that contained a print out of the blog as you are viewing it, along with all of the comments.  There is still a time delay, but I think the gap is shrinking.

My day went well and I had a productive day of work outside.  We cleared brush all day.  Nothing fancy, but it did make the day go by quickly again.

Today was the first day that things seemed normal.  By that I mean that I think I am beginning to accept the fact that I will be in here for awhile.  I am going to have to adapt more to my surroundings in order to not stress myself out too much.  At this point, I'm not sure of the specific actions I will take to accomplish this, but I do realize that I will be able to make the appropriate changes.  But I can already tell from the limited time I have been here that prison is not going to change who I am or my personality.  I do think that being able to adapt better to what is going on around me will make the time go by MUCH faster.  More on this tomorrow.

This morning I decided to sleep through the 3am breakfast, and I think
it was a good decision.  A 3am breakfast when you don't need to be at work until 8am is just ridiculous.  I'm sure the jail has a great reason for 3am breakfasts, but I'm thinking it is not so much for me.  I got plenty to eat today without the early morning interruption.  I think I will skip it again tomorrow.  The only thing that should be eaten at 3am is Taco Cabana.

To respond to the comments I received...

Thanks Ginger (2/5) for tuning in.  PTO is such a helpful place don't you think?  Unfortunately some of my friends have gotten banned for some reason.  Good luck with the blog you are trying with your husband.  I hope that he can benefit as much from writing as I already have.  Has he been in jail for awhile now or is all this new for you?  Please let me know and keep in touch.

Marc's Queen (2/7), my sleeping is still rough.  I think the bunk is exactly 1 1/2 shorter than I am.  What I wouldn't do right now for a king sized pillow top mattress..

As far as the letters go, here is exactly what happens....guard rolls in a cart to our tank with the day's mail.  If you have mail the guard calls your name.  You then go up to the guard and he shows you who the letter is from, opens the envelope and shows you what is inside.  Then he or she thumbs through the letter or opens the card and eventually gives you the contents of the envelope and then throws it away.

Kristen, thanks for keeping track of me here.  I definitely got your first letter and I'm glad you got mine back.  The lack of texting is killing me too.  I'll probably get carpal tunnel once I get out of here when I try to make up for lost texting time.  I'm assuming you watched the Super Bowl and all the NOLA stuff last weekend.  Didn't it SOOO make you want to be back there?  There were so many hilarious things that happened way back when.  Seems like it was yesterday.

Well just about everyone here in this tank is now aware of the blog.  This is all the time I have for tonight, but I think that I will soon be able to enlighten everyone with a lot more "human interest" tales from the inside...take care.

5 comments:

  1. I have several books in mind to send you that I have read and are great books. The first one I was going to send you is called, Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10. Let me know if you have read it or not. It is probably the best book I have ever read and am planning to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you request special assignment, like taking care of minidonks? I just figured this thing out, so I'll be reading over your blog now. Oh and Trey Loves Favre
    MS-14!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @andy My husband has been in for 2 years this month, so it isn't to new, but he recently got moved from county to receiving and that part is new. I think your blog will help alot of people understand more about the inside and how the whole process is. I know for me on the outside at first it was overwhelming so I can only imgine about the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is very interesting, and informative. Thanks

    sage

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG sometimes it seems like yesterday since that NOLA trip...funny stuff for sure! like that walk back to the hotel and the homeless man...did you try to buy his clothes? can't remember but wonder why parts of that night are fuzzy??? LOL!
    As for Cabana at 3am...do you remember when we went there one night (Big Green Machine full of people) in the drive thru (after Carney's closed)and they refused to sell us alcohol (imagine that, after hours and drive thru?) and I think you just wanted to ram the drive thru sign...ringin' any bells?
    Well, I hope this made you laugh! I sent a note yesterday and a bunch of random stuff I think you will appreciate and "get"....will send a letter soon! take care...xoxoxo, K

    ReplyDelete