CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

GUEST BLOG ENTRIES FROM FELLOW INMATE

2/10

I'm PJ and I would like to write a little something for the blog.  I sometimes sit and think about
where I went wrong.  I try to point the finger but at the end they all point back at me.  I messed up and can admit that, but I didn't pay $77 to the county and now I have to do a year in state jail.  I don't think it's fair but life sometimes ain't fair.  You know we meet some cool people in jail but we also meet some weird ones.  Anyway, here is something to think about "I find that the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving" - unknown

2/11

To whoever listens, PJ again and I am in jail for debit card/credit card abuse.  I was on probation for five years and violated it one week before I was off, but county had other plans like a year of state jail for being $77 behind on my fee.  I don't think it's fair.  Through all this I have lost everything I had.  All my so called friends have abandoned me.  My world seems up side down.  I want to know all of your opinions on things.  (editor-he left his address and asked for people to write and give your thoughts, but there is no inmate #, which is needed).

2/12

It is about 3am in the morning and we have to eat breakfast this early in the morning.  Today we had biscuits and gravy.  The biscuit was so hard it made no sense they would serve us something like that.  We sometimes don't get much sleep because the people in our tank who don't work sleep all day and stay up all night.  I can't wait to go home.  Anyway I found out today all the law needs is your phone number and they can find out where you stay and get all your info.  That is not cool.  Be careful out there.

PJ

4 comments:

  1. Nice quote PJ...
    I think it is crazy with the overcrowding in prisons and jails that they are making you do a year for 77.00, just take this as a learning expierence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3AM breakfasts are only for eating at IHOP, or Dennys, or some other random open all night restaurant. IMO.
    PJ I hope things turn out well for you. Thats a hard road for your offense, but as Ginger said, learn from it and use the experience to make you never go back again. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ
    I like the quote. Here are a few that you might like:

    "A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure." -unknown
    "Every strike brings me closer to my next home run" -Babe Ruth
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.-Mother Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there PJ. I think incarceration based on missing a $77 payment is complete BS and a waste of taxpayer money. It's ridiculous. There are murderers and rapists and multiple DWI offenders that are out walking the streets. Keep there asses locked up and let you and Andy do some sort of work release program or 2nd chance probation. You are clearly not a threat to society. The whole system is a crock of shit, pardon my French. You and Andy both have the right attitude about it, though. You realize your mistake and are willing to do the time to get it past you. Take care of yourself and stay strong. Any friend of Andy's is a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete