CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

IT'S FRIDAY I'M IN JAIL

1/29 7:45pm

It's Friday night and I'm in jail.  Not a very good thought so I'm going to try not to think about it.  As I was preparing myself to come to jail one of the concepts I had the biggest problem coping with was the fact that my life was coming to a grinding halt, while everyone else was continuing on.  It reminds me of when I was in elementary school, and one day my parents had to pull me out of class in the middle of the day, and I was amazed at all the people that were out and about and driving around.  I remember feeling like since I was in class, everyone should be in class.  It was unsettling to see that the world continued on without me.  Well now I have that feeling multiplied by a thousand.

I think I finally got a decent night of rest last night.  I slept from about 12:30 to 5, when I was woken up for breakfast, and it wasn't the best sleep, since I was tossing and turning and having weird dreams, but at least I slept.  After breakfast I fell back asleep until 10:30, which was nice.  All meals here are served inside the tank where a guard comes by with a couple of "trustees" (inmates that work at the jail) and serve food through a slot in the metal bars in the back of the tank.  We each also have a styrofoam cup that we re-use at every meal, and hold it through the metal bars where they fill it up with whatever they decide we will be drinking at that meal.  So far it has only been tea (which I gave away) or lemonade.  The meals today were
biscuits and sausage for breakfast, a sloppy joe and chips for lunch, and macaroni/hamburget helper, carrots and cookie for dinner.  The food isn't bad, and since I'm a bachelor it might be healthier than I usually eat anyway.  I'm sure it will get redundant soon, bu for now it is ok.

I did begin to exercise today and am already sore.  Before coming in, I ran 4-5 times a week, but didn't do much else.  Today I spent 45 minutes doing push ups, squats and calf raises.  I made a chart to track my exercise progress so I will definitely keep everyone up to date on how I'm doing.  I would have done sit ups, but the concrete floor makes that a bit uncomfortable.

Just got word I'm about to be moving to a new cell or tank or something.  No telling where to.  I will need to write more later.

3 comments:

  1. It may take a while for your sleeping to get back to "normal" without the tossing and turning and weird dreams, but I promise it will. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out that the trustees open your mail and take the letters out of the envelopes before they give them to you. So, now I know why it is so important that we date our cards and letters that we send to you!!!
    Your information on this blog has been interesting. Keep it up if you can!
    Be strong! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story that you wrote about elementary school cracks me up...that is so you! I can't believe I had never heard that story before. See you haven't lost your sense of humor...DON'T! That's one of the best things about you.
    Love ya, dude.
    Garvin

    ReplyDelete