CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Monday, February 8, 2010

WEEKEND IN JAIL

1/31

It’s Sunday afternoon at about 4pm. Overall, today has passed pretty quickly. I got a good night’s sleep and went to a church service this morning. After that I exercised for a little over an hour, got the heart rate going, and actually did some good ol’ sweating. Then I spent about an hour mopping our tank (which is 40’ x 30’) and cleaning the shower and restroom area. This place is
nasty and I’m sort of a clean freak. That part is going to be difficult to adjust to.

I decided to write my ex-girlfriend today. I’m not sure if that was a good idea or not, but ultimately I knew that I would second guess myself until I finally wrote her so I just went ahead and started a letter. I just needed to get some things off my chest.

The Pro Bowl is tonight and I was looking forward to watching it, but I just learned they don’t show ESPN in here on Sundays. Funny thing is, I have never had any desire to watch the Pro Bowl before, but now when I do want to watch it, I can’t.

I wish I had some funny stories about this place that I could tell, but it has been fairly uneventful so far. We think there may have been a fight in a neighboring tank last night, but we’re unsure. We expected some guards to be running in that direction, but they never did.  There is one guy in our tank that got here about the same time I did and is still trying to get bonded out. Apparently his family is out of state and he is having trouble contacting anyone. He’s a nervous wreck and has started to get on everyone’s nerves enough that some people are beginning to pick on him.  Things are beginning to heat up in here a bit as people's tempers gradually come out.  There are certainly some interesting characters with some interesting stories in here, and I will have to get into a bit of that next time.  Until then...

4 comments:

  1. You keep it up. Youre doing great! Im really enjoying reading your posts. They remind me SO much of the letters I got from my son when he first went in, and even the ones I get now. Im a people watcher by nature and the stories that come out of those places are just so wacky and interesting! Doing a great job, Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Jail/prison isn't as intresting as people think or as the media makes it out to be..Once in a while something exciting will happen with my husband but for hte most part is working out cards, tv.

    I'm really enjoying your blog hang in there and time will pick up before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe no Texas teams went after Drew Brees when he was in Austin. ------------- Eddie C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girlfriend, smirlfriend!!
    Hang in there! You've got lots of fans & supporters. Glad you went to Church this morning.
    Love ya,
    Garvin

    ReplyDelete