CURRENT STATUS

If you have any questions for Andy about the prison system, what it is like, what goes on there, or anything, please leave the question in a blog comment and Andy would be happy to answer it. It keeps him occupied and allow us to learn about the system.

Also, for his friends, he would LOVE to get pictures of anything, so if you have his address, please send them to him, or if you would like to email them to the blog editor, you can do that and he will print out the pics and mail them to him.

He is now attending the class he must take before his release, and he will mention the journal entry memo they discussed that day in class.

Even if you don't know Andy, feel free to comment on his blog entries, which he gets and will respond to.

Friday, January 22, 2010

LAST WEEKEND BEFORE PRISON

My last weekend.  How should I spend it?  It really makes one think.  It really makes you look at life differently when things are about to be taken away from you.  What would you do if you had one last weekend before being locked up for who knows how long?

10 comments:

  1. I hear you. I am facing this in 2 weeks. My mind is racing, and I am wondering what to do and think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd watch "25th Hour" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25th Hour...good thought. I am watching a pretty good football game now, but that might be an interesting movie to watch. I saw it a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son just got picked up on a warrant when he was planning on turning himself in. He is sitting in a Brownsville Texas jail awaiting transfer to Dallas county and then his 4 year sentence. I am so scared for him and I want you to know that there are lots of us out here that are thinking about you Andy, my son and the rest of the guys that don't belong in this impossible justice system. What justice? I will be following your blog...good luck and know there are prayers being sent up for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy, for how long are you going to be locked up, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your son at Brownsville. My sentence is 3 years, but I have credit for about 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. to Anonymous.... sorry about you having to go through sentencing in 2 weeks. Wish I could say something to make you feel better. Just know that you're not alone and you aren't the first person to experience the huge emotional roller coaster ride. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Andy I totally understand what you are going through I get sentenced on Feb. 23 for an unknown amount of time but it might be 3 years or more, its weired how I came across your blog, but I am glad I did the same thoughts that go through your mind go through mine its hard to accept a jail sentence when its your first time, well its my first time. I would never imagine being in such a difficult situation but trust me you are not alone. What I have been doing is getting close to god and spending as much time as I can with my family and those that have stuck with me from the begining. Pray and communicate with god it has worked for me and remember you are not alone he is with you in ever moment. Keep your head up and I will keep you in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy,

    I can't offer you words of courage or advice as I have never spent significant time in jail, nor do I have someone close to me that has. I do, however, find your situation nothing less than riveting. I feel like I am reading a book made to be a movie with each of your post. I am saddled up and ready to ride this one out with you. Thanks for your courage, I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andy , you have access to a computer that is online in prison?

    ReplyDelete